Friday 5 August 2011

HoverBot Go Crazy!

Afternoon!


 Ok, so after going out for supplies I have built my prototype Hovercraft, and its fun to play with! As Scott noted, there are so many experimental possibilities with this project, the number of CD's, the amount that you inflate each balloon, the angles between the CD's, there are endless possibilities! However, for the basic Craft, the best solution is just to have 2 Cd's Joined by 2 straw supports, (though personally I prefer 3) and then the balloons on top for the power. Therefore, this is the basic model I will include in my worksheet, however I will add a list of suggestions of experiments that can be done, which would be great for  design class or a bored teenager on holiday!


 So anyways, as I went through building my hovercraft, I photographed each stage, though i may need more photos for the work sheets.  I also tried out Scott's 'skirt' idea, though it didn't work too well on the actual craft, maybe I could look into that the next time I am in :)






Anyways, here is a video of the craft in action!






So anyways, plans for the next day:



  • Look at modifications for the HoverBot and add write a list for the worksheet
  • Start the worksheets for the FlyBot or HoverBot
  • Maybe see if adding a fan or balloon to HoverBot would allow the Craft to be directed, without being too heavy.
Killafist: Signing Off! 

1 comment:

  1. I think you have hit on a project that is suitable for different age groups for here is a set task for the youngest to start with the set task and now experiment to make it faster or more controllable way.

    ReplyDelete