Friday 29 July 2011

Day 5 - The PicassoBot comes to life!

Morning

 Today I am back at the University, and I have just tested the modifications for the PicaasoBot. I decided to add the leg supports, and what a difference it made! For the supports, I used two straws, attached together, with the ridged parts at opposite ends, and secured at both ends. This means that the leg supports can be extended to create different patterns for the JunkBot easily, I like that idea! Also, I discovered that once I added the supports, the Bot moved much faster, I guess that the legs were too unstable previously, so although a heavier weight on the motor was not vital, I added one anyway to improve the speed and movement of PicassoBot. Here is a video showing the Bot working, and how extending/shortening the legs changes the movements that PicassoBot makes. Enjoy!






 So now, my PicassoBot ProtoType has been fully tested and modeled, I am going to make another one, which I can decorate it, and take photographs at each stage to supplement my instructions! 



Pretty Patterns! : D

No comments:

Post a Comment