Monday 25 July 2011

Day 1 - Letting my imagination go out to play!

Today was the first day of my Placement. I met Scott and Margaret, had a wee discussion about what I would like to do, and basically I now have a plan.


 I am going to design three different junkbots, all aimed at under 18's, that can be assembled at home or at school. I want them to be fun, and interesting. Being a student myself, I know how boring some design stuff can be, put this here, insert X into Y...blah blah blah! SO, I have decided, I want to do one for under 10's, one for 10-15's and one for 15-18's. Sorted.


 At the moment I am sitting surrounded by all sorts of Junk. I have motors, wheels, bottles, cases, all sorts of fun stuff. I am thinking today, if I can come up with a few main topic ideas, to give me something to work with, I shall be doing well, a mind map it is!


 Ok, maybe I got a little distracted by all my amazing building materials, so I spent half an hour making this! It didn't move very quickly, I am guessing the battery plus the wheels make it too heavy, but nonetheless it did move! :) A good start I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment