Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 2 - DoodleBot meets JunkBot!

Afternoon now : D


 After having a pay with the DoodleBot this morning, I decided to design a JunkBot version. Main materials are Straws, Card, and Tape. Yup, thats pretty much it!


Here you can see my design, and then...



I made this wee beasty!

This is my 'PicassoBot' (perhaps the name needs rethinking..). But anyways, It is very similar to the DoodleBot, except with a much larger body for stability and longer legs for different patterns. 
 The ISSUES! Well, it does move, but not very quickly, at all, almost no movement. Therefore, I need a bigger weight to make it even more unbalanced. Also, the legs are a lil' unstable, therefore I would like to add supports between the legs to hold them in position which was a suggestion of Scott's. Heres a little video of the Test Run:







So!
 I am working from home tomorrow, and my plans are :

  • To note the modifications needed for the PicassoBot
  • To design the Under 10's Project, a Fan operated car
  • To begin the paperwork needed for the PicassoBot idea to be used for real people! e.g - Assembly Instructions, templates.
Right, Its home time now for me!

 Killafist: Signing Out

1 comment:

  1. Really good start. PicassoBot is a good name as well.

    ReplyDelete